Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fun Stuff: Release Your Inner Muse, with Animoog

Alert: This app is available at 99 cents for about 25 more days. Then it goes to $29.99... and it's still a bargain.
This week work took me from New York to San Diego and back; about 10 hours on a plane. Animoog kept me captivated for most of my time in the air. The depth of musical creativity that I pulled from this was astounding. Not musically inclined? No problem, neither am I. I barely know a quarter note from a quarterhorse, yet after the first ten minutes I was making music. Beautiful sounds. Hey, the thing even records your songs for you. 

Bonus... The trips seemed like minutes instead of hours.

Have some fun this weekend. Relax. Make music. Regain your soul. You'll be surprised how good you'll feel afterward.

"Animoog is the first professional synthesizer designed for the iPad. Powered by Moog's new Anisotropic Synthesis Engine, Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling any user to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them." (more)