Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"I'm infested. You know what I mean. I can't nibble on my secretary's ear without everyone knowing. Send them exterminator guys over."

Italy - Rome prosecutors on Monday opened an investigation into the alleged bugging of the home and offices of Northern League leader Umberto Bossi. 

Bossi, who is minister for reforms in Premier Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right government, revealed Monday that bugs had been found in his house and his office at the ministry "a couple of months ago".

The bugs were discovered, he said, by a private firm "we called in when my secretary got suspicious because too many people knew what I'd said to her alone".

The minister, Berlusconi's longtime key ally, said he then called his party colleague, Interior Minister Roberto Maroni, "to send a few guys over" to remove the devices. (more)