Thursday, August 15, 2013

Man Bugs his Ex's Home for Over Three Years

UK - A woman has been left terrified in her home and was turned against her closest friends after her ex-partner bugged her house for three and a half years, a court has heard.

The victim said she suspected her ex had planted a listening device in her Darlington home after he started talking about things which she did not believe he should know...

The man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, said he installed the device to check on his young daughter.


As near as we can tell from the report, the bug looked like this one.
The device, which the man bought in London for £180 ($280.00), was installed behind a plug socket in the living room in November 2009, and could be accessed through his mobile phone...

In a statement read to the court by Ms Milson, the victim said she had nearly suffered a mental breakdown after finding out she had been bugged.

She said: “I feel sick to the pit of my stomach that he has been listening to me for over three years, he has always known too much about my life.

“He made me question myself and used what he heard against me. I am scared every single day, I am totally distraught and it has left me feeling differently about my home.” (more)


The price on these has dropped since 2009. 
The one shown above is now $79.95. 
The economy of scale, perhaps?