Sunday, March 15, 2015

He Wiretapped His Way Into Her Heart

AR - A little wiretapping and a less than harmonious conversation with another man were the catalyst for romance in 1986 for Beth Guerin and the office telephone installation tech.

He had certainly noticed her. The really cute girl who was answering phones part time in the doctor's office? Yes, 19-year-old Darrin Adcock had noticed her. He was doing a job for a small telecommunications company in Hot Springs, and he likely would have left without exchanging a word with her had he not made a small mistake first.

"I had my test set and I accidentally clicked onto the line that she was on. And I listened. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I did," Darrin says. "I really didn't mean to do that, but in doing so I heard her talking to her then-boyfriend and realized her and her boyfriend were not getting along and I thought, 'Well, this is kind of neat.'" more