|Click to enlarge.|
Steel had hammered out the 2,800-word ordinance in just four hours. Its key points:
- When a drone flies into its airspace, Deer Trail will consider it an act of war.
- You can only shoot at drones flying lower than 1,000 feet.
- Unless your life is in danger, you can only fire up to three shots at a drone. (more)
He has already sold more than 60 of his own licenses online.
• ND - Rodney Brossart, a North Dakotan cattle rancher, was sentenced to three years in prison, with all but six months suspended, for terrorizing police officers who were trying to arrest him at his property in 2011. The strange case garnered national attention because it was the first time a law enforcement agency had used an unmanned aerial vehicle to assist in carrying out an arrest. (more)
• With a 34-2 vote, New Jersey’s State Senate approved a bill that provides some of the nation’s strongest protections against drone surveillance. The bill, which went through several incarnations since being introduced last spring, restricts how police, firefighters and other first responders can use drones... It also includes a ban on outfitting them with weapons. bada-bing-bada-no-boom (more)
FutureWatch - Career Alert - Employment Hope for Twitchy Fingered Youth
The Federal Aviation Administration estimates up to 7,500 commercial drones could be flying in national airspace within a few years... Several colleges now offering courses! (more) (more)