Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Underestimated Power of Bugs and Wiretaps

2008 – A year of memorable bug and tap stories...
• New York, Governor Elliot Spitzer
• Illinois, Governor Rod Blagojevich
"If anybody wants to tape my conversations, go right ahead, feel free to do it. I appreciate anybody who wants to tape me openly and notoriously. And those who feel like they wanna sneakily and wear taping devices, I would remind them that it kinda smells like Nixon and Watergate."
Spoken
the day before his arrest.
• Nevada, O.J. Simpson
• California, Hollywood Private Investigator, Anthony Pellicano

Each person failed to respect the power of electronic surveillance. Sheer arrogance.

In the private sector, electronic surveillance works just as well for "getting the goods." The difference is that business respects the havoc electronic surveillance can bring. Because they respect, they inspect. Frequent eavesdropping detection audits of sensitive offices, conference rooms, executive homes, off-site meetings, etc. are a standard practice.

I know. I help businesses keep their business from becoming front-page news, or worse. Need some help? Just let me know.
~ Kevin